Click here to access the PDF version of this article
We are often asked by senior level leaders: “What questions should I be asking about contract security teams?”
Contract Security is often one of the most visible parts of your Security program and typically the largest percentage of your security operational expense. However, even the most seasoned security management professionals are challenged when trying to optimize performance and hold providers accountable.
- How can you tell if your contract security provider is giving you good value for your investment and how do you know if you are paying too much for your contract security?
- How do you know if your expectations for your contract security team’s responsibilities are realistic? How can you tell if your performance expectations for the staff are appropriate?
- What is acceptable turnover in the contract security industry, how much does it cost you, and what is your role in limiting turnover?
- How can you ensure that the supplier’s officer selection process including their background check process is effective and consistently applied?
- What are appropriate expectations for supplier-provided safety performance, equipment, and training for their team members?
- How can you transition your contract security team from garnering complaints to getting compliments?
- How can you ensure that you are getting the quality contract security team the provider is promising you in the sales process?
- How do you ensure that your procurement and contracting processes help you select the contract security provider that you are looking for, at the value you are looking for, and hold them accountable?
Butchko, Inc. can be an invaluable resource to proactively assess programs and assist leaders in answering these critical questions. We do this using the disciplined and success-driven Butchko Solutions Process.